Home Infusion Services
What Is Home Infusion Therapy?
Infusion therapy is when medication is received through a needle or catheter into a vein. Home infusion therapy is when a patient receives this therapy in their home, provided by experienced home infusion nurses and pharmacists. The range of infusion therapies that can be safely administered and monitored at home is broad, from antibiotics and nutrition to pain drugs, pre- and post-transplant therapies, and immunoglobulins.
Home Infusion Therapy Advantages
With the help of home infusion therapy, patients may not need to be in the hospital to receive infusion medication — they can receive it in the comfort of their home. Home infusion is a growing field in home care, and millions of Americans today depend on home care to help them live independently in their homes. Home infusion can be an excellent alternative for many who are facing a chronic illness or recuperating from surgery. It can be a safe and cost-effective alternative to placement in a nursing home or an extended hospital stay. And it can allow individuals to maintain their normal daily activities and keep living life to the fullest.
When such therapies are administered in the home setting, patients typically recover faster, experience fewer complications, are more comfortable, and save money. Since home IV therapy allows most patients to resume their normal activities quality of life is dramatically increased.
- Antimicrobial Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
- Inotropic therapy
- Anticoagulation therapy
- Chelation therapy
- Growth Hormone Therapy
- Hydration Therapy
- Anti-emetic therapy
- Steroid therapy
- IV and Sub Q Immunoglobulin Therapy
- Therapies for immunodeficiency
- Central venous catheter care
Carepoint Pharmacy understands that patients may require specialized care while on complex therapies and is dedicated to helping patients manage treatment by offering:
- Around-the-Clock Clinical Assistance – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Convenient Medication Delivery – prescriptions delivered directly to the patient’s doorstep or other site of choice.
- Expert Assistance from Carepoint’s clinical staff comprised of Doctors of Pharmacy and Nurses who specialize in their treatment.
- Dedicated Patient Care Coordinator – Carepoint assigns each patient their own patient care coordinator who will call the patient very month to verify medication delivery and schedule refills so treatment is not interrupted.
- Nationwide Insurance Provider, servicing Medicare, Medicaid, and most third-party prescription plans.
Currently this service is only available for patients from our Schaumuburg, IL location and limited to surrounding counties.
If you have questions or would like more information about Carepoint Pharmacy, contact email@example.com or call 855.237.9112.